Thursday, April 6, 2017

Waiters Plight

Strangers expect too much from me 
Like they think it's easy 
To wear a face and play the game 
And tell them "Have a wonderful day" 
And smile while they scream at me 
About their soup I haven't seen 
And say that "I'm so sorry" for 
Whatever thing they're brooding over

And suffer hours of abuse 
Until they finally cut me loose 
To then go home and go to bed 
With angry words still in my head 
But I'll be back there by tomorrow
To bare more strangers angry sorrows 
And run around and play the game 
And take abused until I'm paid 

1 comment:

  1. These lines: And suffer hours of abuse

    Until they finally cut me loose

    I have never been a waiter, but when I think of every job I've ever had that involves customers, those lines speak to me!

    ReplyDelete