Sunday, March 19, 2017

Blues in F# minor




I wake up past noon just to go back to bed 

With yesterdays blues still stuck in my head 

I've smoked all my bud my bottle's dried up

I ain't got no friends here to refill my cup 

So I'll just keep sleepin' 'til the sun goes on down 

Then borrow some money and go into town 

Twenty-five dollars will buy me a bottle 

And that'll last 'til the sun comes tomorrow 

It's a hell of a life that I just can't quit 

Sleepin' all day and always drunk sick  

2 comments:

  1. i like it... Does it come with a melody?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A typical blues progression would have four bars and be built on a i-iv-v pattern. Translated into simpler terms, the chords for this blues in F# minor would be: F# minor, B minor, C# minor, B minor, with a single bar given to each chord (1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &) and a weary downward strumming pattern.

      Delete